HOME WELLNESS CHECK
When was the last time your home was professionally inspected?
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
What Is a Home Wellness Inspection?
If You Don’t Keep Tabs on the Condition of Your House, Expensive Repairs Are Inevitable…a Home Wellness Check Is Your Best Prevention Tool! How do you know something is wrong with your home to begin with? Just like an automobile check-up, a Home Wellness Check will identify potential problems and hazards, and that knowledge helps you prevent expensive repairs. As licensed, certified home inspectors it has become clear to us that our most expensive purchase ends up being the most neglected. That’s why we have decided it was time to use our knowledge as home inspectors and create the Home Wellness Check. Our goal with this program is to help you:
- Better understand your home
- Alert you to safety hazards
- Explain major defects and things that can lead to major defects
- Inform you of some quick, simple, and inexpensive maintenance tips that could save you from costly repairs
- Help you start or improve your home maintenance program
Ultimately provide a little hindsight into unwanted possibilities, so you can budget and prepare to get things done on your timeline instead of being caught off guard.
WHY GET A HOME WELLNESS CHECK?
Isn’t it ironic that automobiles are scheduled for check-ups on a regular basis but most homeowners have never considered a check-up for their home?
- A house has much larger and more costly systems than an automobile.
- More can go wrong with those systems, and poor maintenance greatly shortens their life.
- Home repairs due to poor maintenance are far more costly than auto repairs due to poor maintenance.
- Your family is at a much higher risk of poor health or injury in a poorly maintained home simply because they spend much more time in it.
- Properly maintained home systems last much longer than any automobile. Most surprise repairs can be avoided!
- And lastly, your home costs many times more than your automobile. Why would you choose to ignore it?
Most homeowners don’t think about the fact that house-related problems, if found early, can be addressed or corrected before those problems become so large that the expense of fixing them causes a financial strain on the household.
How often should I have a Home Wellness Check?
We recommend that you schedule your home for a Wellness Check every 3-5 years.
What makes this information dependable?
The home inspector/consultant isn’t there to sell anything. We’re just there to give unbiased information.
- A Home Wellness Check is a non-biased evaluation of the condition of your home and its systems that gives you a huge advantage in budgeting for repairs.
- The inspection uncovers items that need attention before expensive repairs are needed. That helps give you time to plan and budget.
- Because we don’t do repairs, our only concern is providing you with a better understanding of your home and knowledge you can use to keep your home in good working condition.
How is a Home Wellness Check Different from a Maintenance Inspection?
A maintenance inspection is generally:
- Done by a non-licensed inspector or handyman
- Only spends around an hour or less
- A generic checklist-style report
Our Home Wellness Check:
- Performed by a licensed, certified, background-checked, and insured home inspector.
- We take the necessary time to help you fully understand your home and cover any questions you may have.
- Offers a detailed thorough inspection that we tailor to your specific needs and wants.
- We personally review all items of interest with you and take the time needed to answer any questions you may have.
Schedule Your Home Wellness Check Today!
Consider the value of getting a Home Wellness Check. You’ll have an inspection pro by your side who cares about you and can help answer any questions you have. We make it easy! Just give us a call, and we’ll schedule your appointment. You’ll be glad you decided to take the controlling role in maintaining and better understanding your home, and that you chose Whole Home Inspections to be your partner in knowledge. If you have any questions not covered here, feel free to call, or submit a new question here.
Getting a home inspection? Then click here.
You receive a complete report with photographs and information about items of interest and some ongoing maintenance tips and advice
A better understanding of your home’s condition allows you to prioritize maintenance and repair based on importance and urgency
Knowing what to do and when to do it, you can avoid expensive emergency repairs where a contractor can take advantage of your situation